Specialist Motorhome Insurance specific to your needs

As one of the UK's leading specialist motor insurers, Peter Best Insurance has many years of experience dealing with what is known as non-standard motor insurance queries. As a result, we have gained significant experience of motorhome insurance.

As will become clear by reading these short articles, providing cover for motorhomes is a specialist area and requires a dedicated and experienced insurer to ensure, not only that you receive the correct cover but also, of course, that you get the best value for money for your motorhome insurance.

Over the many years in which Peter Best Insurance has been operating we have insured many, many hundreds of motorhome and campervan owners across the UK. These have included classic motorhomes as well as the most current, high spec models. Also, as a result of our work, especially with car clubs and classic car organisations, Peter Best Insurance has developed many contacts and relationships with motor clubs and motorclub members. These include many motor caravan, motorhome and campervan owners and driver’s clubs and we are delighted to be able to offer special discounts to these club members.

So, if you're looking for excellent specialist advice and the keenest prices in the UK for your motorhome policy, contact the experts at Peter Best insurance. Not only are our staff experienced, you'll also find an unhurried and highly professional approach to business. We understand how important your motorhome is to you and how important finding the right insurance cover will be.

Contact us today for a quotation on your motorhome.

It’s also crucial to make the distinction between motorhomes and campervan as they are, in insurance terms, very different vehicles

Motorhome. A motor vehicle built on a bus or truck chassis and designed to serve as self-contained living quarters for recreational travel.

Campervan. This is a van designed as a self-contained home. Campervans are normally smaller than a motorhome and there is generally no divide between the cab and the living quarters.

So, although some campervans may now approach the specifications of motorhomes, the two vehicles are distinct and have evolved and been developed to satisfy different users, different demographics and insurance criteria.

Firstly, when it comes to insurance there is one very important difference; a campervan can sometimes be covered by car or van insurance (depending of course on its specifications) but motorhomes are defined as a motor caravan by the DVLA and need a specialist policy arranged.

That's why it's incredibly important to speak to a specialist motorhome insurance broker like Peter Best who can help you through the process and ensure you find the right policy. When you speak to us will be able to confirm using the registration number of your vehicle whether it's registered as a campervan or motorhome, so don't worry you'll be in expert hands.

What are the main types of motorhome insurance cover?

Motorhome insurance, just like any sort of motor cover, is a specific form of insurance cover but designed for motor homes. Sounds obvious of course but there are some essential differences that you need to be aware of when taking out motorhome insurance. Firstly, your motorhome or classic motorhome may spend a great deal of its life parked up either on your drive or while you're on holiday. Therefore, there are different considerations to be taken into account for the motorhome insurer. Obviously, the area in which you're parked, and the location’s insurance risk may come into play, also the security on the vehicle.